El Paso County Enterpise Zone
Why do I care about the Enterprise Zone?
The El Paso County Enterprise Zone can turn the money you’ve been paying in taxes into working capital. That’s thousands of dollars a business can save each year! It’s about time you let the money you’ve been spending work for you!
Instructions for Donations Designated to The Salvation in Army – El Paso County for Enterprise Zone Tax Credits
You may be eligible to receive a Colorado State Tax Credit of up to 25% for any cash or in-kind* gift of at least $250 designated to The Enterprise Zone. Funding for The Salvation Army through the Enterprise Zone directly supports the RJ Montgomery Center — Colorado Springs’ only 24/7 emergency (homeless) shelter which works to lead residents out of the cycle of homelessness and into self-sufficiency.
To take advantage of the Enterprise Zone Tax Credit:
- Make your check payable to El Paso County Enterprise Zone.
- Write “RJ Montgomery Center” in the memo line of your check.
- Include your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or , your CO Account number**.
- Mail to check to: The Salvation Army, Attn: Tax Credit Incentive, 910 Yuma Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80909. Credit Cards are not accepted for this tax credit.
- Look for your DR0075 Tax Credit Certification form in the mail from El Paso County approximately 3-4 weeks after making your gift.
- Checks intended for Enterprise Zone credits and submitted to other locations, or made out directly to The Salvation Army will further delay this process.
* Non-cash gifts of stock or appreciated securities and other in-kind contributions are eligible for a reduced tax rate of 12.5%.
**STEPS TO OBTAIN YOUR COLORADO ACCOUNT NUMBER:
- Go to: https://www.colorado.gov/revenueonline
- Click on “Individual”
- Click on “Request Letter ID”
- Select “Individual Income Tax” from the “Account Type” drop-down list.
- Select “Social Security Number” from the “ID Type” drop-down list.
- Fill in the required information: Social Security Number, First and Last Name.
- Click “Submit:
- Look for a letter from state within several weeks that will list your Colorado Account Number in the upper right hand corner.
- Provide your Colorado Account Number (CAN) to The Salvation Army.
As with all charitable contributions, please consult your tax advisor for applicable benefits. Effective the 2012 tax year, a taxpayer claiming the Enterprise Zone Tax Credit must file state taxes electronically.
*Please contact Niki Humphreys, Regional Development Director with further questions (719) 884-1037 or firstname.lastname@example.org