El Paso County Enterpise Zone
El Paso County Enterprise Zone Instructions
For Website Ways to Give page:
El Paso County Enterprise Zone Tax Credit
You may be eligible to receive a Colorado State Tax Credit of up to 25% for any cash or in-kind* gift of at least $250 designated to The Enterprise Zone. Funding for The Salvation Army through the Enterprise Zone directly supports the RJ Montgomery Center — Colorado Springs’ only 24/7 emergency (homeless) shelter which works to lead residents out of the cycle of homelessness and into self-sufficiency.
Example of your potential benefit (based on 28% tax rate):
Your Contribution $1,000
CO State Tax Credit ($250)*
Federal Tax Deduction ($267)
State Tax Deduction ($46)
After Tax Investment $437
To take advantage of the Enterprise Zone Tax Credit:
- Make your check payable to El Paso County Enterprise Zone.
- Write “RJ Montgomery Center” in the memo line of your check.
- Include your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or your CO Account number**.
- Mail to check to: The Salvation Army, Attn: Tax Credit Incentive, 910 Yuma Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80909. Credit Cards are not accepted for this tax credit.
- Look for your DR0075 Tax Credit Certification form in the mail from El Paso County approximately 3-4 weeks after making your gift.
* Non-cash gifts of stock or appreciated securities and other in-kind contributions are eligible for a reduced tax rate of 12.5%.
**STEPS TO OBTAIN YOUR COLORADO ACCOUNT NUMBER:
- Go to: https://www.colorado.gov/revenueonline
- Click on “Individual”
- Click on “Request Letter ID”
- Select “Individual Income Tax” from the “Account Type” drop-down list.
- Select “Social Security Number” from the “ID Type” drop-down list.
- Fill in the required information: Social Security Number, First and Last Name.
- Click “Submit:
- Look for a letter from state within several weeks that will list your Colorado Account Number in the upper right hand corner.
- Provide your Colorado Account Number along with your contribution to The Salvation Army.
As with all charitable contributions, please consult your tax advisor for applicable benefits. Effective the 2012 tax year, a taxpayer claiming the Enterprise Zone Tax Credit must file state taxes electronically.
For limited space (donation form, appeal remit, footnotes, etc):
To donate to the El Paso County Enterprise Zone, make your check payable to El Paso County Enterprise Zone with “RJ Montgomery Center” in the memo line and mail to: The Salvation Army, 910 Yuma Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80909. Your CO Tax ID must be included and Credit Cards are not allowed. Visit www.tsacs.org for more information.