Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Salvation Army.
To see our current volunteer opportunities: Click Here!
Register for Volunteer Orientation or Protecting The Mission Training: Click Here!
To contact our volunteer coordinator directly: Click Here!
Please follow these steps to start today:
- Contact us by filling out this form. (It may take up to 72 hours to process your information. Please look for a welcome e-mail from us with upcoming Volunteer Orientation dates). If volunteering with a family or group, only the primary contact needs to fill out the form.
- Community Service: If volunteer hours are required from a school, church or work please also complete the form and we will contact you. Please be sure you’ve already spoken with the agency requiring your volunteer hours for proper documentation paperwork and to ensure The Salvation Army is an approved volunteer agency.
- Attend an Orientation. Once your volunteer application is completed, individuals will need to attend a Volunteer Orientation. Come see who we are and what we do! In 1 hour, you will learn how we Do the Most Good in El Paso County.
- Training. After you attend Volunteer Orientation, you’ll have a few online training needs to complete. Once complete you will be assigned to a local ministry to begin serving those in need. Note: Only after the training is completed will individuals be able to volunteer.
Possible Volunteer Opportunities
- Help in our emergency food pantry by sorting and stocking.
- Serve in our Colorado Kitchen food service program serving lunch Monday-Friday.
- Minister to the homeless through our mobile feeding unit on week day evenings serving a hot meal to those in need.
- Help prep and serve a meal in the Colorado Kitchen.
- Choose a building project to help us maintain the properties for clients in need.
- Work with our staff to find a creative project that suits your group.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT GROUP VOLUNTEER PROJECTS
* Group size: most of our projects are suitable for up to 15 people, but occasionally we are able to work with larger groups, on a case by case basis.
* Lodging and meals: we do not provide lodging for volunteer groups, but we do welcome all volunteers to join us for lunch, in the Colorado Kitchen (please let the Volunteer Coordinator know if your group is planning to join us for lunch).
* Group scheduling: all group volunteer project requests must be submitted 30 to 60 days prior to the date of service. The only exception to this is the Colorado Kitchen, which may have openings immediately. (All individual volunteers must have a complete volunteer application online, attended a volunteer orientation, and completed online training).